Lunchtime "Big Questions"
1:10-1:50 PM Fonteyn Ballroom (Downstairs in the DSU)
Come along to hear answers to some of the big questions in life, plus chance to ask questions of the speaker afterwards. Free lunch every day!
- Pointless and Unnecessary: Why do we need God now that we have science?
- Ancient and Unreliable: Isn't the Bible just a book of myths?
- Impossible and Unproven: How can you prove Jesus rose from the dead?
- Wednesday ( St Oswald's Church, Church Street )
- Powerless and Uncaring: How can a loving God allow so much suffering?
- Good for you but not for me: Wasn't Jesus just a moral teacher?
- Cruel and Vindictive: How can a loving God send good people to hell?
7:30-9:00 PM Elvet Methodist
An opportunity to find out more about the claims of Jesus
- Monday (Acoustic Night)
- Examine Jesus: what if God's not a guessing game?
- Examine your chances: what if heaven were for free?
- Examine your heroes: what if all but Jesus will fail you?
- Examine the cross: what if Jesus' death was planned?
- Friday (Ice Cream Factory)
- Examine the resurrection: what if life after death was certain?
Note: The titles for the evening events have changed due a last minute change of speaker, so the titles differ from those shown on fliers & sweatshirts.